1. Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
2. Developing and using models
3. Planning and carrying out investigations
4. Analyzing and interpreting data
5. Using mathematics and computational thinking
6. Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
7. Engaging in argument from evidence
8. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
2. Cause and effect
3. Scale, proportion, and quantity.
4. Systems and system models.
5. Energy and matter
6. Structure and function.
7. Stability and change.